August 10, 2008

Full speed ahead!

It is less than one week until my first audition of another marathon. 
Some things came up that I thought would set  me back a little, but after time 
and much consolation from my wonderful mother, I have had time to put things into perspective and pull myself together once again. I thought my audition material had started to fall apart (great timing) but I think I've just gotten to another point where I start getting much more particular and picky. Hopefully I will not drive myself too crazy in the next week and stay focused. I'm sure I'll be making many phone calls to my mom and dad. Not only am I auditioning next weekend, but my parents will be with me so I get to spend some time with them. Auditions are so much easier when you know there is someone there for you when it's all over..... and who better than these 2? After numerous band competitions, dance recitals, piano competitions, etc. etc. it's kind of cool to have them at these particular auditions..... the auditions I've been waiting for my whole life! Who ever thought I'd get to this point? And there's no one I'd rather have with me. 

There will be a small break in this audition marathon. The day after I get back from Midland some of my girlfriends and I are heading to New York for 4 days! A couple of months ago we found super cheap plane tickets and one of my friends has family on Long Island with whom we will stay. We've been waiting for this for months! I don't think i could be any more excited!!!!
I think it will be the first trip I've taken without my bassoon since high school. And I'm talking sophomore year of high school :) 

Shortly after I get back I have 5 more auditions. 3 in September and possibly 2 in October. At the same time I'll be figuring out how to get from point A to point B living wise. I could end up at any of these places which would put me at home for a few weeks to a month or end up in Oklahoma for another year. Who knows..... I also have to figure out when I would move my stuff wherever it needs to go seeing as how someone is moving into my current room at the end of August! Too much to think about! :) Who knows....maybe I won't even have to plan past next weekend. ;) For now I'm just trying to keep my head on straight and take things one (or maybe 2) at a time.  But lets think realistically....it's me... so it's probably more like 3 things at a time. 

1 comment:

Laura said...

So exciting!! Good luck!