November 17, 2008

Back in the Saddle Again

I'm officially back in Oklahoma. I'm here with a little bit
of mixed feelings, but I'm here. Don't get me wrong, it's good to be home, but I miss my friends already. It was weird not sitting down to dinner with Holli or being woken up by dogs. :)
I didn't cry too much my last day of work, and I held it in until I left. Here's a brief break down of the most awesome last day of work ever!

-Peg, a regular, brought me flowers.
-Don came to give me a hard time for the last time.
-Roger came in to bid me farewell.
-James called to say he got stuck at work and couldn't come in to say hi, but he'd give me a call the next time he's in Oklahoma and he'd hook me up with OK Thunder tickets.
-Holli surprised me and came into work with pastries and other goodies :)
-Everyone wished me well and said they would miss me. I will miss them very much too.
As much as I hated my job sometimes it was always seeing the same faces everyday that made it feel like home. It wasn't the regulars that tended to make me angry anyway :) I miss them all. They were my family for 2 1/2 years. 

Holli and I are already trying to figure out when she might visit me here and when I might go up there. I'm actually trying to make it back in April for my co-worker's wedding. Who knows... there might still be snow and I might actually get to build my snowman! :) All of my pictures of my last 2 weeks are up. 


No comments: