August 25, 2010

BAD LITTLE BLOGGER......

So first I will apologize for any typos. It seems that I've turned into an old fart and have developed arthritis in my riht pointer finger. I'm trying to use it as little as possible. learning to type with only 4 fingers is quite odd.

As some of you know I quit my comfy full-time job at the beginning of August. It was a hard decision but something that had to be done. There were some things I wanted to try and I decided the best way to make myself do them was to jump in blindfolded with no floaties. I received my personal trainers license, group fitness certification, and water fitness certification back in May and April. I decided to try free lancing and see what happened. I was completely freaked out about several things: no set schedule, no consistent paycheck, etc. Things are looking up though! I have been hired several different places to do several different things and most im,portantly they are all OKAY with me being gone for symphony rehearsals in Baton Rouge.

I will be teaching zumba at OU, Shawnee YMCA, OBU, Crosspoint Church, and Pauls Valley Dance STation along with Bags/Kickboxing at OU. I have also been hired as a personal trainer at Crosspoint church (they have their own gym set up) and OU. I'm so excited but so nervous!
I was concerned that I would have too much spare time on my hands, but it doesn't look like it will be much of a problem. Not to mention my new form of income will wear you out!! yay! :)

Monday: Bags 5:30-6:30 and clients the rest of the day
Tuesday: OBU Zumba 4-5, bassoon lessons 5-6, Shawnee YMCA Zumba 6:45-7:45
Wednesday: Clients in the AM, quintet rehearsal, Crosspoint Zumba
Thursday: clients in the AM, quintet rehearsal, PV Zumba
Friday: clients in the AM, OU zumba

I'm so excited that things seem to be somewhat (fingers crossed) taking off. And the first orchestra rehearsal is in 2 WEEKS!!!!!!!! WAAAAAHOOOOO!!! It's really the light of my life :)
Let's hope my finger can keep up. So that's pretty much the update. Stressing a little, but enjoying life fully. And I live right down the road from the football stadium so I get to be right in the thick of thigns on game day!!! woot!!

No comments: